At the Texas Observer, we believe that journalism is crucial to holding the powerful accountable and essential in the development of a world that protects the lives, and rights, of all human beings. It’s with this spirit that we hope to partner, collaborate and share resources with news outlets also working in the public’s interest.
All of the Texas Observer’s articles are available for free syndication for news sources under the following conditions:
- Articles must link back to the original article and contain the following attribution at the top of the story: “This article was originally published by the Texas Observer, a nonprofit investigative news outlet. Sign up for their weekly newsletter, or follow them on Facebook and Twitter.”
- Articles must include Texas Observer alongside author byline (first name / last name / Texas Observer)
- Articles cannot be rewritten, edited or changed beyond alignments with house style books. Partners must notify [email protected] to make style changes.
- Photos, illustrations and other art may be available for syndication but must be confirmed.
- Promotional materials distributed by your outlet, including all social media work, must include cites for the Observer and our reporter. Outlets must also tag the Observer in all social media posts.
- Please notify us by email that the article will be republished at [email protected].