Beyond the Shining City
Current Job Openings
The bookkeeper/office manager maintains all bookkeeping, including recording and paying supplier bills, maintaining business checking account, receiving and tracking payments for subscriptions, donations and other receivables in order to make regular bank deposits and allocate receipts and payments to appropriate accounts within the computerized accounting software program. She/he prepares end-of-year tax reports for freelance and contract vendors; and works with accountant to prepare end-of-fiscal year financial review.
She/he manages office logistics and equipment, including receiving and distributing mail and telephone calls, maintaining office equipment, purchasing office supplies and maintaining all business files. She/he sorts mail, fulfills merchandise orders, and assists the publisher as assigned. Occasional travel and weekend work to support events.
Other jobs include assisting the Associate Publisher with events, social media and other tasks as assigned.
- Two years of college
- Bookkeeping experience, particularly using Quickbooks
- Knowledge of simple accounting and tax preparation
- Knowledge of basic office management
- Commitment to the mission of The Texas Observer
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Social media proficiency a plus
- High degree of accuracy
- Good writing, spelling and proofreading skills
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.