The Texas Observer MARKETING INTERNSHIP
- Assist the Publisher in implementing a fundraising program, special event marketing, and marketing of various products and programs.
- Assist in creating and organizing fundraising and promotional events
- Research potential partners for The Texas Observer
- Assist the Circulation Manager with marketing and retaining memberships and subscriptions.
- Update and analyze the ‘Constituent Relationship Manager’ (CRM) database.
- Manage 1-2 marketing and/or fundraising projects fully, for example creating and marketing a new merchandise sales program or other project as assigned.
- Help with some administrative tasks, including mailings and helping to respond to requests for information
- Other tasks as assigned
Education level High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree in progress; Subject/Major: Marketing; Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications; Business Management; Nonprofit Management.
Other requirements include Demonstrated interest in marketing, journalism and/or fundraising; Strong communications skills; Organized and efficient; Ability to work independently and with others in a fast-paced office; Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; Computer literate, including Word, Internet and databases; Available at least 10 hours per week.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events. This internship is for the Summer (and possibly the Fall) of 2012.