The Texas Observer T-Shirt Design Competition
Enter the 2013 Observer T-shirt design competition!
Accepting submissions from May 28th – June 30th.
The Texas Observer wants your design talent for our first ever Observer T-shirt design competition.
The grand prize winner will have his or her design printed on The Texas Observer merchandise sold in the Observer’s online store; be featured on the Observer website and in an ad in our August issue; and receive a 3-year digital subscription and a cash prize of $150. Plus, we will announce the winner at an Observer event in July 2013!
(1) Your logo will be used for Observer merchandise sold in our online store, so your design should appeal to our readers and capture the essence of The Texas Observer.
(2) Designs may include line art and text but no photographs. These designs must not contain copyrighted material.
(3) Submissions will only be accepted from May 28, 2013 to June 30, 2013.
Email your submissions to [email protected] with the subject line “T-Shirt Design Contest Submission – [First Name, Last Name]”
(4) You may submit up to two designs per person. If you submit more than two, only your first two submissions in order of date and time will be considered.
(5) Submit only original designs in a .PDF format.
(6) If you have any questions about the guidelines or the contest, send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “T-Shirt Design Contest Question.”
Review & Selection:
All entries will be screened by The Texas Observer staff for merit and feasibility. The finalists will be posted online for public voting, and online voting will be done bracket style. Finalists will be notified before online voting begins. The voting will commence on or around June 30th and will run through July 15th. The winner will be notified within one week of the end of the voting period.
The Texas Observer reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size or ink color. By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by The Texas Observer including but not limited to The Texas Observer website, The Texas Observer promotional items and marketing materials.