Business Team Marketing and Fundraising Intern
The primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Assist the Publisher in implementing a fundraising program, special event marketing, and marketing of various products and programs.
• Assist in creating and organizing fundraising and promotional events
• Research potential partners for The Texas Observer
• Assist the Membership Manager with marketing and retaining memberships and subscriptions.
• Manage 1-2 marketing and/or fundraising projects fully, for example creating and marketing a new merchandise sales program or other project as assigned.
• Help with some administrative tasks, including mailings and helping to respond to requests for information
• Other tasks as assigned
We ask that our interns have a high school diploma and, ideally, a bachelor’s degree in progress, with a major in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Business Management or Nonprofit Management; a demonstrated interest in marketing, journalism and/or fundraising; strong communications skills; the ability to work independently and with others in a fast-paced office; the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and be available at least 10 hours per week.
For more information or to apply, please contact [email protected].
These are unpaid internships. Interns will be paid the regular freelance fee for published work. Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
The Texas Observer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.